Thursday, August 10, 2006
That reconstructed old photo look
If you can make your picture look like it is an old picture reconstructed, I think that adds a little touch of artistry and makes it more interesting. Look at the effect achieved in the pictures seen.
Doing this might seem tough, but with Picasa (Google's picture software), it actually becomes a cakewalk.
Once Picasa is installed on your PC, it will automatically search and find all the pictures on your system and arrange them systematically. So all you have to do is locate the picture that you want to work on in Picasa and then follow the steps given below:
1. Right click on the image in Picasa and choose 'View and Edit' option
2. Under the 'Effects' tab (on the left), choose Black & White.
3. For the image that has become B & W now, use the option 'Film Grain'
4. Then select the tab 'Tuning'.
5. Adjust the Fill level, Shadows and Highlights bars suitably.
Voila, you have your reconstructed look!!!
For free Picasa download, visit http://picasa.google.com/download/index.html. It is totally worth it.
Posted by Aimless Archer at 2:27 AM